The Continuation Of The Sony Walkman 1Z/1A Thread!
May 21, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #5,341 of 5,346
It is hard to believe that a $249 pair of headphones could sound so damn good from Sony NW-WM1Z!

20240521_151052.jpg20240521_150500.jpg
I love my US$26 BLON-03 iems paired with my 1Z.
Hows the knee?

May 21, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #5,342 of 5,346
I love my US$26 BLON-03 iems paired with my 1Z.
Hows the knee?
It is healing beautifully. Thanks for asking. I will probably start rehab in early June.

May 21, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #5,343 of 5,346
It is healing beautifully. Thanks for asking. I will probably start rehab in early June.
Good to hear as knees are a very important joint.
You must have clocked up some good listening time, pity you hadn't been able to source a DMP-Z1 to make use of this time. If you get one you might have to 'do' the other knee 😉

May 21, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #5,344 of 5,346
Thanks. It's not giving me my answer but I may try to find when the MOD was done if the older buyer answer me ...
What specifically do you want to know ?
No matter what verdion of the mod it will be something along the lines of the list I gave you but with slightly different components depending on the mod version. My own one is version 2.5 and I have @gerelmx1986 brand newly modded version 5 on burn in and with my hearing I’m unable to detect any meaningful difference between the 2.

May 28, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #5,345 of 5,346
I am having an issue with my WM1A after 5 years of usage.

All of a sudden the folder structure inside the DAP has changed and now it sees no music on it, even though the music folders and files are in the MUSIC folder.

The root directory used to be right under WALKMAN (D: ) and it contained the folder titled MUSIC and a few other foders/items. I used to transfer albums into the MUSIC folder and they would appear on the DAP.

Since two days, all of a sudden a folder named WALKMAN is created inside the root directory along with a shortcut titled WALKMAN. MUSIC folder is removed to the WALKMAN folder nested under WALKMAN (D: ). So the DAP no longer sees the music files. When I connect the WM1A to my PC and delete the WALKMAN shortcut and move everything back to the root directory and delete the WALKMAN folder now emptied, in a few seconds they are re-created and the files and MUSIC folder is removed back into the re-created WALKMAN folder!

The folders look like this:
Capture01.JPG

Capture02.JPG

Exactly the same thing happens with the SD CARD also.

I tried formating and resetting and did a factory reset. Nothing worked.

Does anybody know how I can restore my beloved WM1A to its healthy state?

Last edited:
May 28, 2024 at 6:41 AM Post #5,346 of 5,346
I am having an issue with my WM1A after 5 years of usage.

All of a sudden the folder structure inside the DAP has changed and now it sees no music on it, even though the music folders and files are in the MUSIC folder.

The root directory used to be right under WALKMAN (D: ) and it contained the folder titled MUSIC and a few other foders/items. I used to transfer albums into the MUSIC folder and they would appear on the DAP.

Since two days, all of a sudden a folder named WALKMAN is created inside the root directory along with a shortcut titled WALKMAN. MUSIC folder is removed to the WALKMAN folder nested under WALKMAN (D: ). So the DAP no longer sees the music files. When I connect the WM1A to my PC and delete the WALKMAN shortcut and move everything back to the root directory and delete the WALKMAN folder now emptied, in a few seconds they are re-created and the files and MUSIC folder is removed back into the re-created WALKMAN folder!

The folders look like this:
Capture01.JPG

Capture02.JPG

Exactly the same thing happens with the SD CARD also.

I tried formating and resetting and did a factory reset. Nothing worked.

Does anybody know how I can restore my beloved WM1A to its healthy state?
That's odd, have you tried a firmware downgrade to an earlier version, or reinstallation of the 3.02 if possible? Maybe something has become corrupt.
As it may be some firmware issue you could try the custom firmware thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-walkman-custom-firmware-non-android.943661/

You could try installing the custom firmware to see if that fixes it, it is totally reversible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back