Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 21, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #6,496 of 6,509
I always have preferred my cables "naked" but that is some fine sleeving. The pure silver is probably my favorite sleeving.
Concur. I might have to go that direction with my next Norne cable, which will be the tether for my Caldera Closed. 😁🥳

May 23, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #6,498 of 6,509
How does the skollvar compare to the silver plated ofc cable from final?
They both sound good in my experience but the norne cable has way better ergonomics, I could not use the final audio cables because it is so hard to move them around.

May 23, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #6,499 of 6,509
They both sound good in my experience but the norne cable has way better ergonomics, I could not use the final audio cables because it is so hard to move them around.
Yeah, every one of my five Norne cables has exceptional ergonomics and they are all non-microphonic.

May 24, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #6,500 of 6,509
Yeah, every one of my five Norne cables has exceptional ergonomics and they are all non-microphonic.
Ah cool, I'm in two minds now. I could reterminate the stock cable to an xlr connector if it is just as good sonically as norne cables and be happy. Else I would just look past it and go straight for a cable from norne's selection.

I don't mind the stock cable being heavy or rigid, doesn't really affect me in my set up when I use it.

I know when i swapped from stock to audio sensibility silver core headphone cable on my Hd600, it made a good difference sonically. Seeing the D8k pro cable claims to be a fancy silver plated ofc copper worth significant money. Not sure how it compares with what's in the market.

May 24, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #6,501 of 6,509
I just wanted to post here and share my positive experience with Trevor Goldman from Norne Audio. I couldn’t find another place to leave a review or feedback, and want to let people know how outstanding his cables are. I have listened to the Vygarde 2 and now am a proud owner of the Silvergarde SC5—a new product which he has mentioned will soon be available on his new website launching in the next month or so. Give his cables a chance and you will not be disappointed! And remember that good work takes time, so be patient as well. It is worth the wait!

PXL_20240524_031951180.jpg

May 24, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #6,502 of 6,509
First Norne cable purchase and it just arrived. It's truly a thing of beauty...Exactly what I wanted. Now for the listening!

k38LcHe.jpg

Trevor's photo he sent me in advance, is much better looking:

69psOtB.png

May 24, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #6,503 of 6,509
First Norne cable purchase and it just arrived. It's truly a thing of beauty...Exactly what I wanted. Now for the listening!

k38LcHe.jpg

Trevor's photo he sent me in advance, is much better looking:

69psOtB.png
Really nice. I’m also on the waiting list..
What model this is - the new Drausk copper?

May 24, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #6,504 of 6,509
Really nice. I’m also on the waiting list..
What model this is - the new Drausk copper?
Thanks. It’s the 17.6 AWG clear Drausk. I think the new version isn’t out yet, but I believe it will be called the JS-16.

May 24, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #6,505 of 6,509
My first foray into custom cables that I actually bought and Trevor knocked it out of the park. Here is my skollvar hybrid for my d8k and she is a beauty. Working on getting a 17 awg clear SC5 for my susvara.

IMG_8030.jpeg
Beautiful cable. And you won't regret the SC5/Susvara combo. It's a match made in heaven.

May 24, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #6,506 of 6,509
Thanks. It’s the 17.6 AWG clear Drausk. I think the new version isn’t out yet, but I believe it will be called the JS-16.
Yes I'm heading toward the JS-16. Looking forward to find out how it will affect the sound of my hekse in comparison to stock cables. My expectations are rather minimal (just in case), but I'm absolutely sure I will like how they look and feel. That alone will be an upgrade worth it.

May 28, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #6,507 of 6,509
What would one suggest pairing with the LCD-5. SC5 4 v 8 wire?

I've just shot Trevor an email. In the meantime, using an adapter with my Vykari v2 which seems amazingly versatile paired to either the LCD-5 and Utopia 2022. Amazing clarity and detail retrieval. I would love something more lush and full bodied but still retaining the technical excellence of the Vykari. I've been trying to persuade Trevor to make some IEM cables ... if they sound anywhere as good as the headphone cables I'd be on an easy winner.

May 28, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #6,508 of 6,509
Amazing clarity and detail retrieval. I would love something more lush and full bodied but still retaining the technical excellence of the Vykari.
A couple of thoughts:

1. Asking Trevor is definitely the best path, though as you probably know, he may not be able to get back to you for a few days depending on his workload and bandwidth.

2. If your current Vykari is all silver, a possibility could be a fusion copper/silver Vykari if Trevor is making them. I know he used to have two Vykari versions. My Einvaldi Reference (Vykari’s predecessor) is a fusion cable and is a masterpiece, in my view. It is a phenomenal cable: Ergonomics are exceptional, and it combines the fullness of copper with the clarity of silver- at least with biocellulose-driver ZMF headphones. It also looks incredible- like Mithril, if you are a Lord of the Rings fan. 😊

May 29, 2024 at 1:21 AM Post #6,509 of 6,509
A couple of thoughts:

1. Asking Trevor is definitely the best path, though as you probably know, he may not be able to get back to you for a few days depending on his workload and bandwidth.

2. If your current Vykari is all silver, a possibility could be a fusion copper/silver Vykari if Trevor is making them. I know he used to have two Vykari versions. My Einvaldi Reference (Vykari’s predecessor) is a fusion cable and is a masterpiece, in my view. It is a phenomenal cable: Ergonomics are exceptional, and it combines the fullness of copper with the clarity of silver- at least with biocellulose-driver ZMF headphones. It also looks incredible- like Mithril, if you are a Lord of the Rings fan. 😊

1. Oh yes. I've sent Trevor and restarted email correspondence. I may have to put in bold and underline "place me in your production queue pretty please" :)

2. I have a Vykari V2 fusion cable that I alternative between the Utopia and LCD-5 (using a short adapter). It is all that and more. There should be a photo in the thread gallery somewhere. I'm hoping the Silvergarde 5 and some of the other things he is working on will take that ; and make it even richer. It's timbre I'm chasing.

I have some decent IEM cables. But listening to LCD-5 with the Vykari v2 yesterday was like rediscovering bliss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back