Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 9, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #19,051 of 19,055
I wonder whether I'm doing something wrong, because I feel SD card use is the worst for now.

I can't make the SD card data read out, that's when I found that playlists need to be created.
A major annoyance which I don't have time for.
It's formatted in Exfat by the way.

Playing through bubbleupnp over wifi or mobile hotspot is a joy, largely thanks to bubbleupnp's interface I must say.

Yes, if you are loading files on the the SD card fairly frequently, the database can get corrupted. The only thing to do is first delete all the folders that do not contain your music files. Then delete any hidden files. Have the Poly re-index and hopefully that works. Reformatting the SD card and reloading files is the next step. And keep in mind, microSD cards corrupt really easy. Even if the SD card acts normally in every other circumstance, it still can be corrupted.

I found this out the hard way with a bad SD card that kept dropping files randomly. All was fixed with a new card. The corrupted one still worked fine in my other devices. The poly has zero tolerance for any SD card issues.

Jun 9, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #19,052 of 19,055
Yes, if you are loading files on the the SD card fairly frequently, the database can get corrupted. The only thing to do is first delete all the folders that do not contain your music files. Then delete any hidden files. Have the Poly re-index and hopefully that works. Reformatting the SD card and reloading files is the next step. And keep in mind, microSD cards corrupt really easy. Even if the SD card acts normally in every other circumstance, it still can be corrupted.

I found this out the hard way with a bad SD card that kept dropping files randomly. All was fixed with a new card. The corrupted one still worked fine in my other devices. The poly has zero tolerance for any SD card issues.
Even so, it is bad the Poly is such a over sensitive device.

After so many years it would have been a good idea to come up with a poly 2, with latest current market updates bluetooth, streaming posibilities. Like a bluetooth controlled device that can play music from the local sd card.

Through hotspot is just crap, that means loosing internet on the phone

Jun 9, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #19,053 of 19,055
Even so, it is bad the Poly is such a over sensitive device.

After so many years it would have been a good idea to come up with a poly 2, with latest current market updates bluetooth, streaming posibilities. Like a bluetooth controlled device that can play music from the local sd card.

Through hotspot is just crap, that means loosing internet on the phone
You can just use your phone's mobile hotspot though. Poly's own hotspot is for when there is no data network or wifi available.

Jun 9, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #19,054 of 19,055
You can just use your phone's mobile hotspot though. Poly's own hotspot is for when there is no data network or wifi available.
No data network is required to make the Poly work, you can connect the Poly to your smartphone's hotspot without the latter having any active data network tariff plan.

my Poly is connected to a smartphone with a call-only SIM without an active data network, and it works correctly with the mSD, obviously if I instead need to use Tidal or Qobuz with BubbleUPNP, I need an active data plan

Jun 9, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #19,055 of 19,055
No data network is required to make the Poly work, you can connect the Poly to your smartphone's hotspot without the latter having any active data network tariff plan.

my Poly is connected to a smartphone with a call-only SIM without an active data network, and it works correctly with the mSD, obviously if I instead need to use Tidal or Qobuz with BubbleUPNP, I need an active data plan
Well not to my iphone 15 pro it is, or last years esim Ipad pro. it won’t even see the hotspot created (before it failed after 1,5 day of use before it died😁)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back